« ПредыдущаяПродолжить »
2. Buried in sorrow and in sin,
3. Salvation!-let the echo fly
The spacious earth around;
1. THERE is a fountain filled with blood
2. The dying thief rejoiced to see
3. Dear, dying Lamb, Thy precious blood
Till all the ransomed church of God
4. E'er since, by faith, I saw the stream
5. Then in a nobler, sweeter song,
When this poor, lisping, stammering tongue
1. To our Redeemer's glorious name Awake the sacred song!
O, may His love-immortal flame-
2. His love what mortal thought can reach!
3. Dear Lord, while we, adoring, pay
4. O, may the sweet, the blissful theme
Till strangers love Thy charming name,
1. AWAKE, my heart, arise, my tongue,
In God, the life of all my joys,
2. 'Tis He adorned my naked soul,
3. And, lest the shadow of a spot
He took the robe the Saviour wrought,
4. How far this heavenly robe exceeds
These ornaments, how bright they shine!
5. The Spirit wrought my faith, and love,
6. Strangely, my soul, art thou arrayed,
1. COME, let us join our cheerful songs
2. "Worthy the Lamb that died," they cry, "To be exalted thus;"
"Worthy the Lamb," our lips reply,
3. Jesus is worthy to receive
And blessings, more than we can give,
4. Let all that dwell above the sky, And air, and earth, and seas, Conspire to lift Thy glories high,
And speak Thine endless praise.
5. The whole creation join in one,
1. BEHOLD the glories of the Lamb
2. Let elders worship at His feet,
And harps of sweeter sound.
3. Now to the Lamb that once was slain,
4. Thou hast redeemed our souls with blood,
Hast made us kings and priests to God,
5. The worlds of nature and of grace
1. Mr Saviour! my almighty Friend!
Where will the growing numbers end—
2. Thou art my everlasting trust;
And since I knew Thy graces first
4. When I am filled with sore distress
I'll plead Thy perfect righteousness,
3. My feet shall travel all the length
And march, with courage, in Thy strength,
5. How will my lips rejoice to tell
6. Awake, awake, my tuneful powers!
1. PLUNGED in a gulf of dark despair,
I'll entertain the darkest hours,
2. With pitying eyes the Prince of grace
He saw, and-O amazing love!-
3. Down from the shining seats above,
4. O for this love let rocks and hills
5. Angels! assist our mighty joys;
1. HAPPY the heart where graces reign,
2. Knowledge, alas! 't is all in vain,
Our stubborn sins will fight and reign,