« ПредыдущаяПродолжить »
4. That prize with peerless glories bright, Which shall new luster boast,
When victor's wreaths and monarch's gems
5. Blest Saviour, introduced by Thee,
And, crowned with victory, at Thy feet
1. RISE, O my soul-pursue the path By ancient worthies trod; Aspiring, view those holy men,
Who lived and walked with God.
2. Though dead, they speak in reason's ear,
Their faith, and hope, and mighty deeds,
4. Lord, may I ever keep in view,
3. 'Twas through the Lamb's most precious blood, They conquered every foe;
To His almighty power and grace,
1. Am I a soldier of the cross?
2. Must I be carried to the skies
3. Are there no foes for me to face?
Is this vile world a friend to grace,
4. Sure I must fight, if I would reign;
5. Thy saints, in all this glorious war,
6. When that illustrious day shall rise,
In robes of victory through the skies-
1. In all my Lord's appointed ways,
2. Through floods and flames, if Jesus leads,
3. Through duty, and through trials, too,
Hinder me not, for I am bound
4. And when my Saviour calls me home,
1. ALAS, what hourly dangers rise!
2. How oft my mournful thoughts complain,
My weak resistance!-ah, how vain!
3. O gracious God! in whom I live,
Help me to watch, and pray, and strive,
4. Increase my faith-increase my hope,
1. THROUGH all the changing scenes of life,
And charm their griefs to rest.
3. Oh! magnify the Lord with me,
4. The hosts of God encamp around
5. Oh! make but trial of His love;
How blest are they, and only they,
6. Fear Him, ye saints! and ye will then
TATE AND BRADY.
1. AMAZING grace! how sweet the sound, That saved a wretch like me,
I once was lost, but now am found,
2. 'T was grace that taught my heart to fear,
How precious did that grace appear,
3. Through many dangers, toils, and snares, I have already come;
grace has brought me safe thus far, And grace will lead me home.
4. The Lord has promised good to me,
He will my shield and portion be
* The following chorus may be added to each verse:
O that will be joyful,
To meet to part no more,
To meet to part no more
On Canaan's happy shore,
There we shall meet at Jesus' feet
Shall meet to part no more.
5. Yes, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
6. The earth shall soon dissolve like snow,
1. COME, let us join our songs of praise
He entered heaven, with all our names
2. Below He washed our guilt away
Now He appears before the throne,
3. Clothed with our nature still, He knows
And how to shield us from the foes
4. Nor time, nor distance, e'er shall quench
For us He died in kindness here,
5. O may we ne'er forget His grace,
1. SALVATION! oh! the joyful sound;