« ПредыдущаяПродолжить »
GENERAL HYMNS OF PRAISE AND
47. L. M.
48. L. M.
5. Wide as the world is thy command, Vast as eternity thy love; Firm as a rock thy truth must stand, When rolling years shall cease to move.
49. P. M.
MRS. BARBA ULD.
Praise to the One Creator.
1. Jehovah reigns! let every nation hear, , And at his footstool bow with holy fear : Jehovah reigns unbounded and alone, And all creation hangs beneath his throne: He reigns alone; let no inferior nature Usurp, or share, the throne of the Creator.
2. This goodly world, the creature of a day, Though built by God's right hand, must
pass away, And long oblivion creepo'er mortal things, The fate ofempires, and the pride of kings: Eternal night shall veil their proudest story, And drop the curtain o'er all human glory.
3. But fixt, O God, forever stands thy throne! Jehovah reigns, a universe alone ! Th'eternal fire that feeds each vital flame, Collected or diffused is still the same : He dwells within his own unfathom'd
essence, And fills all space with his unbounded presence.
4. But oh! our highest notes the theme
debase, And silence is our least injurious praise.
50. P. M.
Cease, cease your songs, the daring flight
control, Revere him in the stillness of the soul : With silent duty meekly bend before him, And deep within your inmost hearts adore him.
Then shall the race of men confess
51. C. M.
1. AWAKE, ye saints, to praise your King,
Your noblest passions raise ;
2. Great is the Lord; and works unknown
Are his divine employ:
3. Heaven, earth, and sea confess his hand;
He bids the vapours rise :
Serve him with faith and fear; He makes thy churches bis abode,
And claims thine honours there.
52. P. M.