« ПредыдущаяПродолжить »
254. L. M.
Acting as seeing Him who is invisible.
1. FATHER divine, thy piercing eye
Shoots through the darkest night; In deep retirement thou art nigh With heart-discerning sight.
2. There shall that piercing eye survey
My duteous homage paid,
And every evening shade.
thinę own ccelestial fire The incense still inflame, While my warm vows to thee aspire,
Through my Redeemer's name!
So shall the visits of thy love
My soul in secret bless; So shalt thou deign in worlds above
Thy suppliant to confess.
Imitation of God.
1. GREAT God! thy peerless excellence Let all created natures own: Deep on our minds impress the sense Of glories which are thine alone.
257. C. M.
Are order'd by thy will; Though they should fall, they rise again, Thy hand supports them still.
Their virtues he approves;
Nor leave the men he loves.
The heavenly heritage is theirs,
Their portion and their home; He feeds them now, and makes them heirs Of blessings long to come.
4. Mark well the man of righteousness,
His several steps attend; True pleasure runs through all his ways,
And peaceful is his end. 258. L. M.
Altered from H. MOORE.
259. C. M.
Whose ways are right and clean; Who never from thy law depart, But fly from every sin.
2. Blest are the men who keep thy word
And practise thy commands; With their whole heart they seek the Lord, And serve thee with their hands.
3. Great is their peace who love thy law;
How firm their souls abide! Nor can a bold temptation draw Their steady feet aside.
4. Then shall my heart have inward joy,
And keep my face from shame, When all thy statutes I obey,
And honour all thy name.