« ПредыдущаяПродолжить »
195. L. M.
J. TAYLOR. Praise to God for the mission of Christ.
3. But clemency with justice strove To save the people of his love: “Go, David's greater son!” he cried, “Be thou their teacher, thou their guide.”
196. c. M.
DODDRIDGE. Praise to God for the mission of Christ.
And join the angelic throng :
2. Good-will to sinful men is shown, And
peace on earth is given : For lo, the blessed Saviour comes With messages from heaven.
His rising beams adorn:
Now such a child is born.
Glory to God in highest strains,
In highest worlds be paid ;
197. C. m.
1. Joy to the world! the Lord is come, Let earth receive her king ;
heart prepare him room, And heaven and nature sing.
2. Joy to the earth! the Saviour reigns,
Let men their songs employ, While fields and floods, rocks, hills and plains Repeat the sounding joy.
Nor thorns infest the ground:
And makes the nations prove
1. HARK, the glad sound! the Saviour comes !
The Saviour promised long ! Let every heart
prepare a throne, And every voice a song.
Exerts its sacred fire;
So long in bondage held;
The iron fetters yield
To clear the mental ray,
The bleeding soul to cure, And with the treasures of his
grace Enrich the humble poor.
6. Our glad hosannas, Prince of Peace,
Thy welcome shall proclaim,
199. C. M.
1. He who spread forth the arch of heaven,
And bade the planets roll, Who laid the basis of the earth, And form’d the human soul :
2. Thus saith the Lord, “Thee have I sent,
“ A prophet from the sky, “ Wide o'er the nations to proclaim “The message from on high.
3. “ Before thy face the shades of death
“ Shall take to sudden flight, “The people who in darkness dwell
“Shall hail a glorious light:
“ The gates of brass shall 'sunder burst,
“ The iron fetters fall; “ The promised jubilee of heaven Appointed rise o’er all.
5. “ And lo! presaging thy approach,
“ The heathen temples shake, “And trembling in forsaken fanes “ The fabled idols quake.
6. " I am Jehovah: I am One :
My name shall now be known; “ No idol shall usurp my praise,
“ Nor mount into my throne.”
Now sing a new song to the Lord,
Let earth his praise resound; Ye who upon the ocean dwell, And fill the isles around.
Jehovah's glories raise,