« ПредыдущаяПродолжить »
I am safe, and I am happy,
2. Glory, glory, glory, glory,
Sing his praises all that live!
3. Now I'll sing my Saviour's meritTeil the world of his dear name, That if any want his spirit,
He is still the very same.. He that asketh soon receiveth, He that seeks is sure to find: Whosoe'er on him believeth, He will never cast behind.
4. Now our advocate is pleading With his father and our God: And for us is interceding,
As the purchase of his blood... Now methinks I hear him praying,
"Father! Save them-I have died;"
And the Father answers, saying,
"They are freely justified."
Soon we hope to sing more sweetly, At the marriage of the Lamb, When the bride is dress'd completely, Fit to celebrate the same;
All our shouts shall then be ringing,
Round the throne of God most high,
And in sweet melodious singing,
6. Glory, honor and thanksgiving,
Now the Loid Jehovah reigns :
Sing his praise in highest strains.
The Hiding Place.
IHAIL Sov'reign love tha first began The scheme to rescue fallen man ; Hail, matchless, free, eternal grace, That gave my soul a hiding place!
2 Against the God, that built the sky, If ugh with hands uplifted high: Desp s' the mansions of his grace, Too proud to seek a hiding place.
3 Enwrapt in dark Egyptian night,
4 But lo! th' eternal council rang,
5 Vindictive justice stood in view;
But Justice cry'd with frowning face,
6. But lo a heav'nly voice I heard,
7. Should sev'n fold storms of vengeance roll,
8. On him almighty vengeance fell,
9. Roll on, thou sun, in rapid haste,
The Christian Soldier.
O GLORIOUS hope of perfect love,
2. The things eternal I pursue,
For things by nature felt and seen;
Their honor, wealth and pleasures mean, I neither have nor want.
3. Nothing on earth I call my own,
I trample on their whole delight
4 There is my house and portion fair,
And Jesus bids me come.
5. I come, thy servant, Lord, replies,
Mysteries to be explained hereafter, JOHN xiii. GREAT God! thy providence, thy ways Are hid from mortal sight!
Wrapt in in penetrable shade,
Or clothed with dazzling light.
2. The wondrous methods of thy grace, Evade the human eye;
The nearer we attempt t'approach,
3. But in the world of bliss above,
4. The sun of righteousness shall there
A warning to sinners to flee from the wrath t●
WHEN pity prompts me to look round,
See men reject the Gospel sound,
2. My bowels yearn for dying men,
Fain would I speak, but 'tis in vain, *
3. O sinners, sinners, won't you hear,
Lest hell should be your doom.
4. Now is the time, the accepted hour,
The Saviour's knocking at your door,
5. O don't refuse to give him room,