« ПредыдущаяПродолжить »
Gɛ n. i 26. Creatino og licam And God said, Let us make Man
in our own Image, after our Like
ness. Observ. 1. HE Trinity or Plurality of
Persons in the Godhead is
here implied. 1. There is but one God: And God said.
2. A Plurality of Persons were imployed in
How doth that appear
2. In the New, Matt. iii. 16. 17. Luk. i. 38. ż Cor. xiii. 14.
Wherein is delivered, 1. Their Names.
1. God the Father. This none deny. Voli I.
2. God the Son, Job. i. 1. 1 Job. V. 20.
Job. xx. 28. Phil. ii. 6, 7. Otherwise he
could not be our Saviour.
OBSERV. II. All Three Persons concurred
USE. Therefore Man is bound to Worship
7. Thankfulness, Matt. xi. 25,
5. Immortal, Matt. xxv. 46.
In his Affections and Inclinations,
Psal. lxxiii. 25.
1. Because he was made Happy.
tures, Gen. i. 28.
2. Bewail our Loss of this Image.
3. Endeavour to have it repaired, Eph. iv, 24.
1. Be sensible of your Loss.
not subject to the World.
were made in.
nwise of huh umwG e x. xlix. 10.
The Scepter shall not depart from fuo
M recover himself.
AN being fallen from GOD, could not
recover himself. 2. Hence the Son of GOD undertook to Redeem him.
3. To do this, he was to become Man.
4. Hence a Time was set when he should become Man, Gal. iv. 4.
5. Before he came, GOD revealed him to his people, Gen. iii. 15. c. xii. 2; 3. c. xxii
. 18. To the Gentiles, fob xix. 24. Numb. xxiv. 17. To the Jews, I/. vii
. 14. c. ix. 6. 6. Not only his Person, but the Time also of his Appearing, was revealed.
7. There are Three Places especially that decermine the Time.
1. Mal. iii. 1. Hag. ii. 9.
3. Gen. xlix. 10.
3. By Judah, the Tribe : 2 Reg. xvii. Sab maneler having carried the Ten away Captive.
4. By Lawgiver, qui jus dicit.
5. By, from between his Legs, his Pofterity born of him.
: .Onkel ,עד דייתי משיחא דריליה היא מלכותא
.Rab. Bechaj ,הזכיר יעקוב משיח בשם שולה
,שילה והמלך המשיח
6. By Shilo, Messiab.
, . : NUO 170 phu, R. Sal Jarcbi. So Yonath. des Targ. Hierosolym.
. So also Abrabenell. So also in the Talmud in Bereshith Rabba,
. 7. By the gathering of the People to him, Obedience to him, boy ma!", in Arabick, Paruit, obediens fuit. Prov. xxx. 17. ox nopis yan. To fhew when the Prophecy thus explain'd
was fulfilled : Consider, 1. When Tefus was born, Herod was King, an Idumaan by Father's, Arabįan by Mother's side ; though a Proselite, yet not of fudah's Pósterity cvi-Non defuit Judeorum Princeps ex Judeis eofque ad ciftum Herodem quem primum acceperunt alienigenam Regem. Auguft.
So Eusebius, Hist. 1. 1., c. 6, bis St. Ferome.co .Hence fome, uporediv igra v tele xestev nueco". "Epiph. ? HerodiantHerodem regem fufcepere" pro Chrifto
. Hieron. -In Matt. xxil. 16." Mark iii. 6. c. viii. 15
.. Jule. But the Jews in Herod's Time had their Sanbedrim, fore which' Herod himself was brought, and fcarcely escaped with his Life, Joseph. I. 14. 18.
But he after, Παντας απέκλεινε τις ών το συνεmela, Josepb. I. 14. 18. But this Sanbedrim was taken away,
, the Destruction of the Temple, David Ganfius, and Talmud." And so, just when our Saviour appeared in the World, Fob. xviii. 31,
Years before 40 ,ארבעים שנה קודם חורבן הבית