« ПредыдущаяПродолжить »
I'll praise my
5. Grace will complete what grace begins,
, To save from sorrows or from sins: The work that wisdom undertakes Eternal mercy ne'er forsakes. 99. P. M.
breath; And when my voice is lost in death Praise shall employ my nobler powers : My days of praise shall ne'er be past, While life, or thought, or being last, Or immortality endures.
2. Happy the man whose hopes rely On Israel's God: he made the sky, And earth, and seas, with all their train; His truth for ever stands secure; He saves the opprest, he feeds the poor; And none shall find his promise vain.
3. The Lord hath eyes to give the blind, The Lord supports the sinking mind; He sends the labouring conscience peace; He helps the stranger in distress, The widow and the fatherless, And grants the prisoner sweet release.
4, He loves his saints, he knows them well, His love their joyful lips shall tell; Thy God, o Zion, ever reigns :
Let every tongue, let every age,
1. GREAT source of life, our souls confess The various riches of thy grace; Crown'd with thy mercy we rejoice, And in thy praise exalt our voice.
101. L. M.
Praise to God.
1. ALMIGHTY author of my frame, To thee
powers belong; Thy praise, delightful, glorious theme ! Demands my heart, my life, my tongue.
102. Frail man invited to praise his Maker.
4. But see the bright, the morning star! His beams shall chase the shades away; His beams, resplendent from afar, Sweet promise of immortal day!
5. To him our longing eyes we raise, Our guide to thee, the great unknown : Through him, O may our humble praise Accepted rise before thy throne !
103. P. M.
SALISBURY COLLECTION. Humble adoration.
Daily and nightly devotion.
Attend his holy place,
And bless his wondrous grace.