« ПредыдущаяПродолжить »
For his mercies far extend,
53. L. M.
1. NATIONS, with all your various tongues To God your maker raise your songs;
Loud sound his name, that nature's ear His praise through all her bounds may hear.
Exult, each tribe; exult, each land;
54. S. M.
Exhortation to praise and fear God.
COME, sound his praise abroad,
And hymns of glory sing; Jehovah is the sovereign God, The universal king.
2. He form'd the deeps unknown;
He gave the seas their bound; The watery worlds are all his own,
And all the solid ground.
Come, bow before the Lord :
Nor dare provoke his rod ;
And own your gracious God.
55. c. M.
And in his strength rejoice; When his salvation is our theme, Exalted be our voice.
2. With thanks approach his awful sight,
And psalms of honour sing; The Lord's a God of boundless might, The whole creation's king.
3. Let princes hear, let angels know,
How mean their natures seem, Those gods on high, and gods below, When once compared with him.
4. Earth, with its caverns dark and deep,
Lies in his spacious hand : He fix'd the seas what bounds to keep,
And where the hills must stand.
Come, kneel before his face;
Be children of his grace
56. L. M.
God the proper object of praise.
1. Ye sons of men, in sacred lays Attempt your great Creator's praise : But oh! what tongue can speak his fame? What mortal verse can reach the theme?
2. Enthroned amidst the radiant spheres, He glory like a garment wears ; His boundless wisdom, power, and grace, Command our awe, invite our praise.
3. To God all nature owes its birth; He form'd this ponderous globe of earth, He raised the glorious arch on high, And measured
out the azure sky.
4. In all our Maker's vast designs Omnipotence with wisdom shines; His works through all this wondrous frame Bear the great impress of his name.
5. Raised on devotion's lofty wing, Our souls his high perfections sing; O let his praise employ our tongues, And listening worlds approve the songs.
in youth, The
song of joy O never cease!
5. All hail, Jehovah, King and God ! Ye nations all, adore his name: With awe approach his high abode, With thanks, with joy, and loud acclaim.