« ПредыдущаяПродолжить »
2. Blest are the men of broken heart, Who mourn for sin with inward smart; From heaven the streams of mercy flow, A healing balm for all their woe.
5. Blest are the
whose hearts are clean
Characters of the righteous and of the wicked.
1. The man is ever blest
Who shuns the sinner's ways,
His study and delight
With waters near the root;
They no such blessings find;
The way the righteous go;
A dreadful overthrow.
262. c. M.
1. WHILE thee I seek, protecting Power!
Be my vain wishes still’d; And may this consecrated hour With better hopes be fillid!
2. Thy love the powers of thought bestow'd;
To thee my thoughts would soar: Thy mercy o'er my life has flow'd : That mercy
Thy ruling hand I see!
In every pain I bear,
5. When gladness wings my favour'd hour,
Thy love my thoughts shall fill: Resign'd when storms of sorrow lower, My soul shall meet thy will.
6. My lifted eye, without a tear,
The lowering storm shall see; My steadfast heart shall know no fear:
That heart will rest on thee.
263. L. M.
Devotion vain without virtue.
The uplifted eye and bended knee
pure, the humble, contrite mind, Thankful, and to thy will resign'd, To thee a nobler offering yields Than Sheba's groves or Sharon’s fields.
4. “ Be just and kind :” that great command Doth on eternal pillars stand : This did thine ancient prophets teach, And this thy well-beloved preach.
The true way to please God.
1. WHEREWITH shall I approach the Lord,
And bow before his throne; Or how procure his kind regard,
And for my guilt atone?
And spicy fumes ascend?
Such victims bleed in vain :
And proofs of kindness give;
5. Hands that are clean, and hearts sincere,
He never will despise;
To costly sacrifice.
His powers unfold,
In search of gold?
desires, Nor quench in groveling dust heaven's no