« ПредыдущаяПродолжить »
206. L. M.
4. As rain on meadows newly mown, So shall he send his influence down : His
grace on fainting souls distills,
EXETER COLLECTION. Reverence and love to Jesus.
1. Father of Jesus, God of love, Of every joy and hope the spring! For the rich grace by him bestow'd To thee our grateful praise we bring. Of pardon and eternal life Thy mercy form'd the gracious plan; And Jesus, sent by thee, convey'd The glorious news to sinful man.
3. To seal the covenant which he brought, He pass'd thro’suffering, shame, and death; And shall not we his claims revere, And love him to our latest breath?
his love our hearts inspire
207. C. M. ENFIELD.
Appears each grace divine; The virtues, all in Jesus met, With mildest radiance shine.
Inspired his godlike breast;
To give the mourner joy,
A friend and servant found, He wash'd their feet, he wiped their tears,
And heal'd each bleeding wound.
Patient and meek he stood;
And still his task pursued;
Before his Father's throne
His image may we bear!
And his bright glories share!
[I am the good shepherd. John x.]
Through paths secure,
Doth keep them sure;
guide, Safe in his eye, protected by his side.
2. Great Shepherd ! do we know thy voice,
And follow thee?
From bondage free?
stand, “And none shall pluck them from thy Fa" ther's hand.'
Thy wondrous love?
Thy purpose move:
That leads to heaven:
So freely given !
209. S. M.
The chosen of the Lord,
The sure prophetic word.
No royal pomp
In rich abundance shed,
Thy doctrine life imparts :
Shall run the heavenly way:
210. The extent and blessings of Christ's kingdom.
1. Jesus shall reign where'er the sun Does his successive journeys run ; His kingdom stretch from shore to shore, Till moons shall wax and wane no more.
L. M. WATTS.
For him shall endless prayer be made,