« ПредыдущаяПродолжить »
will receive his discipline ; and they that seek him early shall find favour.
395. A sinful man will not be reproved, but findeth an excuse according to his will.
396. Go not in a way wherein thou mayest fall, and stumble not among the stones.
397. He that believeth in the Lord, taketh heed to the commandments; and he that trusteth in him shall fare never the
398. There shall no evil happen unto him that feareth the Lord, but in temptation even again he will deliver him.
399. A wise man hateth not the law; but he that is a hypocrite therein, is as a ship in a storm.
400. A man of understanding trusteth in the law; and the law is faithful unto him as an oracle.
401. Good is set against evil, and life against death, so is the godly against the sinner, and the sinner against the godly.
402. So look upon all the works of the Most High; and there are two and two, one against another.
403. A man that hath travelled knoweth many things; and
he that hath much experience will declare wisdom.
404. He that hath no experience knoweth little ; but he that hath travelled is full of prúdence.
405. When I travelled I saw many things; and I understood more than I can express.
406. Blessed is the soul of him that feareth the Lord; to whom doth he look ? and who is his strength?
407. For the eyes of the Lord are upon them that love him; he is their mighty protection and strong stay, a defence from heat, and a cover from the sun and
noon ; a preservation from stumbling, and a help from falling
408. He raiseth up the soul, and lighteneth the eyes; he giveth health, life, and blessing.
409. The bread of the needy is their life ; he that defraudeth him thereof is a man of blood.
410. He that taketh away his neighbour's living slayeth him ; and he that defraudeth the labourer of his hire is a bloodshedder.
411. When one buildeth, and another pulleth down, what profit have they then but labour ?
412. When one prayeth, and
another curseth, whose voice will the Lord hear?
413. He that washeth himself after the touching of a dead body; if he touch it again, what availeth his washing ?
414. So is it with a man that fasteth for his sins, and goeth again and doeth the same ; who will hear his prayer? or what doth his humbling profit him ?
415. He that keepeth the law, bringeth offerings enough; he that taketh heed to the commandment offereth a peace-offering
416. He that requiteth a good turn offereth fine flour, and he