« ПредыдущаяПродолжить »
How good is it when thou art reproved, to show repentanx, for so shall thou escape wilfú Tin.
geance as a lion shall lie in wait for them.
329. They that rejoice in the fall of the righteous, shall be taken in the snare; and anguish shall consume them before they die.
330. Malice and wrath, even these are abominations; and the sinful man shall have them both.
331. How good is it when thou art reproved to shew repentance! for so shalt thou es
cape wilful sin.
332. He that revengeth shall find vengeance from the Lord, and he will surely keep his sins in remembrance.
333. Forgive thy neighbour the hurt that he hath done unto thee, so shall thy sins also be forgiven when thou prayest.
334. One man beareth hatred against another; and doth he seek pardon from the Lord ?
335. He sheweth no mercy to a man, which is like himself; and doth he ask forgiveness of his own sins?
336. If he that is but flesh nourish hatred, who will entreat for pardon of his sins ?
337. Remember thy end, and let enmity cease; remember corruption and death, and abide in the commandments.
338. Remember the commandments, and bear no malice to thy neighbour; remember the covenant of the Highest, and wink at ignorance.
339. Abstain from strife, and thou shalt diminish thy sins; for a furious man will kindle strife.
340. A sinful man disquieteth friends, and maketh debate among them that be at peace.
341. As the matter of the fire is, so it burneth; and as a man's strength is, so is his wrath; and according to his riches his anger riseth, and the stronger they are which contend, the more they will be inflamed.
342. An hasty contention ķindleth a fire; and a hasty fighting sheddeth blood.
343. If thou blow the spark it shall burn; if thou spit upon it, it shall be quenched: and both these come out of thy mouth.
344. Curse the whisperer and double tongued; for such have destroyed many that were at peace.
345. A back-biting tongue hath disquieted many, and driven them from nation to 'nation; strong cities hath it pulled down, and overthrown the houses of great men.
346. A, back - biting tongue