« ПредыдущаяПродолжить »
the Lord, and to be received of him is long life.
288. Wisdom shall praise herself, and shall glory in the midst of her people.
289. In the congregation of the Most High shall she open her mouth, and triumph before
290. In three things I was beautified, and stood up beautiful both before God and men: the unity of brethren, the love of neighbours, a man and a wife that agree together.
291. If thou hast gathered nothing in thy youth, how canst thou find any thing in thine age.
292. O how comely a thing is judgment for gray hairs, and for ancient men to know counsel !
293. O how comely is the wisdom of old men, and understanding and counsel to men of honour!
294. Much experience is the crown of old men, and the fear of God is their glory.
295. Well is him that hath found prudence, and he that speaketh in the ears of them that will hear.
296. O how great is he that findeth wisdom!
yet is there none above him that feareth the Lord.
297. The love of the Lord passeth all things for illumination, he that holdeth it, whereto shall he be likened?
298. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of his love, and faith is the beginning of cleaving unto him.
299. I had rather dwell with a lion and a dragon, than to keep house with a wicked woman.
300. The wickedness of a woman changeth her face, and darkeneth her countenance like sackcloth.
301. Her husband shall sit among his neighbours, and when he heareth it, shall sigh bitterly. 302. A wicked woman abateth the courage, maketh an heavy countenance and a wounded heart. A woman that will not comfort her husband in distress, maketh weak hands, and feeble knees.
303. Blessed is the man that hath a virtuous wife, for the number of his days shall be double.
304. A virtuous woman rejoiceth her husband, and he shall fulfil the years of his life in peace.
, 305. A good wife is a good portion, which shall be given in the portion of them that fear the Lord.
306. Whether a man be rich or poor, if he have a good heart toward the Lord, he shall at all times rejoice with a cheerful countenance.
307. A silent woman is a gift of the Lord, and there is nothing so much worth, as a mind well instructed.
308. As the sun when it ariseth in the high heaven, so is the beauty of a good wife in the ordering of her house.
309. A wicked woman is given as a portion to a wicked man; but a godly woman is given to him that feareth the Lord.
310. A loud crying woman