« ПредыдущаяПродолжить »
254. A prayer out of a poor man's mouth, reacheth to the ears of God, and his judgment cometh speedily.
255. He that hateth to be reproved is in the way of sinners, but he that feareth the Lord will repent from his heart.
256. The congregation of the wicked is like tow wrapped together; and the end of them is a flame of fire to destroy them.
257. He that keepeth the law of the Lord, getteth the understanding thereof, and the perfection of the fear of the Lord is wisdom.
258. The knowledge of a wise
man shall abound like a flood; and his counsel is like a pure fountain of life.
259. If a skilful man hear a wise word, he will commend it, and add unto it; but as soon as one of no understanding heareth it, it displeaseth him, and he casteth it behind his back.
260. The talking of a fool is like a burden in the way ; but grace shall be found in the lips of the wise.
261. They inquire at the mouth of the wise man in the congregation, and they shall ponder his words in their hearts.
262. Learning is unto a wise man, as an ornament of gold, and like a bracelet right arm.
263. It is the rudeness of a man to hearken at the door ; but a wise man will be grieved with the disgrace.
264. The lips of talkers will be telling such things as pertain not unto them: but the words of such as have understanding are weighed in the balance.
265. The heart of fools is in their mouth; but the mouth of the wise is in their hearts.
266. A slothful man is compared to a filthy stone, and every
one will hiss him out to his disgrace.
267. An evil-nurtured son is the dishonour of his father, and a foolish daughter is born to his loss, but a wise daughter shall bring an inheritance to her husband.
268. A tale out of season is as music in mourning, but stripes and correction of wisdom are never out of time.
269. He that telleth a tale to a fool, speaketh to one in a slumber; when he hath told his tale,
66 What is the matter?”
270. If children live honestly
he will say,