« ПредыдущаяПродолжить »
wind bloweth, and the water is congealed into ice, it abideth upon every gathering together of water, and clotheth the water as with a breast-plate.
519. It devoureth the mountains, and burneth the wilderness, and consumeth the grass, as fire.
520. A present remedy of all is a mist coming speedily. A dew coming after heat refresheth.
521. By his counsel he appeaseth the deep, and planteth islands therein.
522. They that sail on the sea tell of the danger thereof; and
when we hear it with our ears, we marvel thereat.
523. For therein be strange and wondrous works, variety of all kinds of beasts, and whales created.
524. By him the end of them hath prosperous success, and by his word all things consist.
525. We may speak much, and yet come short; wherefore, in sum; He is all.
526. How shall we be able to magnify him? for he is great above all his works.
527. The Lord is terrible, and very great, and marvellous. in his power.
528. When ye glorify the Lord, exalt him as much as ye can: for even yet will he far exceed: and when ye exalt him, put forth all your strength, and be not weary; for ye can never go far enough.
529. Who hath seen him, that he might tell us? and who can magnify him as he is ?
530. There are yet hid greater things than these be, for we have seen but a few of his works.
531. For the Lord hath made all things, and to the godly hath he given wisdom.
532. Therefore hearken unto me, ye holy children, and bud forth as a rose growing by the brook of the field.
533. Magnify his name, and shew forth his praise with the songs of your lips, and with harps; and in praising him ye shall say
after this manner : 534. All the works of the Lord are exceeding good, and whatsoever he commandeth shall be accomplished in due season.
535. And none may say, " What is this? wherefore is that?” for at time convenient they shall all be sought out; at his commandment the waters stood as an heap, and at the words