« ПредыдущаяПродолжить »
All wisdom cometh from the Lord, and is with him for ever.
2. Wisdom hath been created before all things, and the understanding of Prudence from everlasting
3. The word of God most high, is the fountain of wisdom; and her ways are everlasting commandments.
4. The fear of the Lord is honour, and glory, and gladness, and a crown of rejoicing.
5. The fear of the Lord maketh a merry heart, and giveth joy, and gladness, and a long life.
6. The fear of the Lord is a crown of wisdom, making peace and perfect health to flourish both which are the gifts of God: and it enlargeth their rejoicing that love him.
7. The root of wisdom is to fear the Lord, and the branches thereof are long life.
8. The fear of the Lord driveth away sins, and, where it is
present, it turneth
wrath. 9. A furious man cannot be justified; for the sway of his fury shall be his destruction.
10. A patient man will bear for a time, and afterward, joy shall spring up unto him.
11. If thou desire wisdom, keep the commandments, and the Lord shall give her unto thee.
12. For the fear of the Lord is wisdom and instruction, and faith and meekness are his delight.
13. Ye that fear the Lord, believe him, and your reward shall not fail.
14. Believe him, and he will help thee; order thy way aright, and trust in him.
15. Whatsoever is brought
upon thee, take cheerfully; and be patient when thou art changed to a low estate.
16. For gold is tried in the fire, and acceptable men in the furnace of adversity.
17. Ye that fear the Lord, hope for good, and for everlasting joy and mercy.
18. For the Lord is full of compassion and mercy, long-suffering and very pitiful, and forgiveth sins, and saveth in time of affliction.
19. They that fear the Lord, will not disobey his word.; and they that love him, will keep his ways.