« ПредыдущаяПродолжить »
HISTORICAL AND BIOGRAPHICAL WORKS.
PUBLISHED BY COLBURN & CO.
MEMOIRS OF HORACE WALPOLE AND HIS CONTEMPO
RARIES; including numerous Original Letters from Strawberry Hill. Edited by ELIOT WARBURTON, Esq. 2 vols. 8vo, with Portraits, bound
11. 8s. ANECDOTES OF THE ARISTOCRACY, AND EPISODES İN ANCESTRAL STORY. By J. B. BURKE, Esq. Second Edition, 2 vols., post 8vo, bound ROMANTIC RECORDS OF DISTINGUISHED FAMILIES; being a Second Series of Burke's “Anecdotes of the Aristocracy.” 2 vols., post 8vo, bound,
MEMOIRS AND CORRESPONDENCE OF SIR ROBERT MUR
RAY KEITH, K.B., Minister Plenipotentiary at the Courts of Dresden, Copenhagen, and Vienna, from 1769 to 1793 ; with Biographical Memoirs of Queen Caroline Matilda, Sister of George III. Edited by MRS. GILLESPIE SMYTH. 2 vols , post 8vo, with Portraits, bound
11. ls. LORD BROUGHAM'S LIVES OF MEN OF LETTERS AND SCIENCE, who flourished during the Reign of George III. (with Original Letters); Vol. II., comprising Adam Smith (with an analytical view of his great work), Lavoisier, Gibbon, Sir J. Banks, D'Alembert, and Dr. Johnson. Royal 8vo, with Portraits, bound,
il. ls. REVELATIONS OF THE LIFE OF PRINCE TALLEYRAND. By M. COLMACHE, the Prince's Private Secretary. Second and Cheaper Edition. 1 vol., post 8vo, with Portrait, bound
10s. 60. THE LIFE OF TASSO. By the Rev. R. MILMAN. 2 v., post 8vo, 21s. BYRON AND HIS CONTEMPORARIES. By LEIGH HUNT. 2 vols., with Portraits, &c.
21s. MEMOIRS OF SCIPIO DE RICCI, Bishop of Pistoia and Prato, and Reformer uf Catholicism in Tuscany, under the Reign of Leopold. 2 vols., 8vo, with Portraits, bound SWINBURNE'S MEMOIRS OF THE COURTS OF EUROPE
AT THE CLOSE OF THE LAST CENTURY. 2 vols., 8vo, with Portrait, bound, MEMOIRS, CORRESPONDENCE, AND MISCELLANEOUS WRITINGS OF BENJAMIN FRANKLIN. Edited by his SON. (Copyright Edition.) 6 vols. EVELYN'S MISCELLANEOUS WRITINGS; now First Collected and Edited with Notes. Printed uniformly with the Memoirs. In 1 vol., royal 4to, with Plates DIARY OF THE TIME OF SHAKSPEARE, from 1648 to 1679.
By the Rev. JOHN WARD, Vicar of Stratford-on-Avon DIARY OF THE PARLIAMENTS OF OLIVER AND RICHARD
CROMWELL, from the Original MS. of THOMAS BURTON, a Member. 4 vols , 8vo, 24s. MEMOIRS OF THE LIFE OF MRS. SIDDONS. 2 vols.
12s. MEMOIRS OF THE DUCHESS OF ST. ALBANS. 2 vols.
12s. THE LIVING AND THE DEAD. 2 vols.
10s. LIFE AND LITERARY REMAINS OF L. E. L. (MISS LANDON). Comprising a New Tragedy, and upwards of One Hundred Pieces in Verse and Prose, hitherto' unpublished. Edited by LAMAN BLANCHARD, Esq. 2 vols., post 8vo, bound
N.B.—The prices in all cases include the binding.
REMINISCENCES OF ADMIRALS SIR E. OWEN, SIR B.
11. ls. GERMANY; ITS COURTS, AND PEOPLE. By the BARONESS BLAZE DE BURY. 2 vols., 8vo, bound
11. ls. MEMOIRS OF MADAME PULSZKY; with full Details of the
late Events in Hungary, and an Historical Introduction, by FRANCIS PULSZKY. 2 vols., post 8vo, bound
11. ls. M. THIERS' HISTORY OF THE CONSULATE AND EMPIRE
OF FRANCE UNDER NAPOLEON; A Sequel to his “History of the French Revo. lution.” Colburn's English Translation. 11 vols., price
31. 55. N.B. Either of the Volumes may be had separately to complete sets. NARRATIVE OF THE WAR IN CHINA, from the Commencement
to the Close. By COMMANDER J. ELLIOT BINGHAM, R.N. 2 vols , post 8vo, with a finely-coloured Portrait of the Emperor of China, a Map, and other Illustrations, bound
1l. ls. REVELATIONS OF RUSSIA. By IVAN GOLOVINE. 2 vols., 12s. SECRET MEMOIRS OF THE IRISH UNION. BY SIR JONAH
BARRINGTON. New and Cheaper Edition. 1 vol., 8vo, with 28 Portraits, bound, 10s 6d. PERSONAL SKETCHES OF HIS OWN TIMES. By SIR JONAII
BARRINGTON. New Edition, with considerable Additions. 3 vols., 8vo . 11. ls. LADY BLESSINGTON'S JOURNAL OF HER CONVERSATIONS WITH LORD BYRON. Cheaper Edition, in 8vo, with Portraits of Lady Blessington and Lord Byron, bound
7s. ADVENTURES OF A GREEK LADY, the Adopted Daughter of the late Queen Caroline. Written by HERSELF. 2 vols., post 8vo, bound
12s. PRIVATE CORRESPONDENCE OF THE CELEBRATED DR. FRANKLIN; published from the Original MSS. By his GRANDSON. 2 vols., 8vo,
12s. MEMOIRS OF GRANVILLE SHARP. 2 vols., 8vo
12s. LIVES OF THE LITERARY LADIES OF ENGLAND. By
MRS. ELWOOD. Cheaper Edition. 2 vols., post 8vo., with Portraits, bound 12s. MEMOIRS OF A BABYLONIAN PRINCESS, Daughter of Emir Abdallah Asmar. 2 vols., post 8vo, with Portrait, bound
11. ls. MEMOIRES DE NAPOLEON BUONAPARTE. Par M. DE BOURRIENNE. 5 vols., 8vo, with 17 Plates, at only one-fourth of the price of the Paris Edition
NAPOLEON AT ST. NIELENA-MEMOIRS, forming a Sequel to
the Journals of O'Meara and Las Cases. By F. ANTOMMARCHI. 2 vols., 8vo, in French and English
12s. MEMOIRS OF THE COUNTESS DE GENLIS. . Written by HER
SELF. Embellished with Portraits. Complete in 8 vols., post 8vo. The same in
21. N.B. Either of the Parts may be had separately to complete sets. HISTORY OF THE WAR IN SPAIN. By MARSHAL SUCHET.
2 vols. CORRESPONDENCE OF BARON DE GRIMM WITH THE DUKE
OF SAXE-GOTHA, THE EMPRESS OF RUSSIA, and other Sovereigns of Europe, between the Years 1753 and 1790. 4 vols., 21s. The same in French. 7 vols.