« ПредыдущаяПродолжить »
of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness, and
went in and saw, and behold, eleft not himself without Witness, in very Form of creeping things, and that he did good, and gave us abominable Beasts, and all the Idols Rain from Heaven, and fruitful of the House of Israel pourtrayed Seasons, filling our Hearts with s upon the Wall round about. Food and Gladness,
f Pfal. "P. + Joh. 1. 9. That was .: Wisd. 12. 23.
+ 2 Thes. 2. 11. the true Light, which lightetl See on Acts 7. 42. every Man that cometh into the
.:: 1 Thef. 4. 3, 4.
See on World.
10 1 Cor. 6. 18.
22, 23. Thou 17. 27. See on A&s 14. 17. Thalt not lye with Mankind, as
pt Eph. 4.° 13. Şee with Womankind : it is abomination. on-A&ts 14. 15. .
Neither shalt thou lye with any 23. $: > Ķing. 17. 29. E. 15 Beast to defile thy self there with: very Nation made Gods of their' Neither shall any Woman stand be, own.--"' + Pfal. 106. 20. Thus fore a Beast to lie down thereto : it they changed their Glory into the is confusion. 1 Cor.6.9,10. Neither fimilitude of an Ox that eateth Fornicators, nor Idolaters, nor Adul. Grass. + Jer. 2. 11. Hath a Nati: 20 terers, nor effeminate, nor abusers on changed their Gods, which are of themselves with Mankind, yet no Gods? but my People have shall : inherit the Kingdom of changed their Glory, for that which God. doth not profit.
25. I Thes.
1. 9. — Ye of Ezek. 8. So 1 25
and as a King to rule and govern, and the living up to the Religion which Jesus Chrift caught the World. The Prophet long ago caught that the Just should live by Faith ; that is. by Taith in the Promise of God, which Jays an indigen.be Obligation to O'édience.
• into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature * more [Or, rather ] than the Creator, who is blessed for ever.' A'meni. 26. For this cause God gave thein up unto * yile affeEtions: For even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27. And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another, men with men, working that which is unfeemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet." 28. And even as they did not like * to retain God in their knowledge, [Or, to acknowledge] God gave them over to * a reprobate mind [Or, a mind void of judgment], to do those things which are not convenient: 29. Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetoufness, maliciousness, full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30. Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventers of evil things, disobedient to Parents, '31. Without under, Itanding, covenant-breakers, * without natural affe&tion [Or, unfociable], implacable, unmerciful : 32. Who knowing thé judgment of God, (that they which commit such things are worthy of death) not only do the fame, but * have pleasure in
in them [Or, conscat with them] that" do them.
turned to God from · Idols, to serve
.: Wisd. 14. 22, 23, the living and crise God.
c. Moreover, this was not enough Ifai. 28. 15.'. We have
for them, that they crred in the made lies our refuge, and Knowledge of God, but whereas they under falfhood have we bid our s lived in the great War of Ignofelves. : Amos 2. 4. Their lies rance, those so great Plagues calo caused them to err, afrer" which led they Peace. For whilft they their Fachers have walked:
flew their Children in Sacrifices, 26. Lev. 18.
or used fecret Ceremonies, &c. The Words under Ver. 24. Eph 5.10 30.
Şee on 12. It is a Shame even to speak of those things which are done of 32. i Hof. 7.
They them in secret. Jude ver. 10. What make the King glad with their they know naturally as brute Beasts; Wickedness, and the Princes with in those things they corrupt then. Is their Lies. felves.
CHA P. II.
whoT " ”
soever thou art that judgeft: for wherein thou 6 judgeft another, thou condemneft thy self; for thou that judgeft, doft the same thing. 2. But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth, against them which commit such things. 3. And thinkest thou this, Oman, that judgest them which do such things, and doft the lame, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God? 4. Oro del piseft thou the a riches of his goodness, and forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance ? 5. But after thy f hardness and impenitentheart, & treasurest up unto thy self wrath against the day of wrath, and revelation of the righteous judgment of God; 6. Who will ”render to every man according to his
.: Rom. 1. 20:
you, according to the riches of his b. See on Mat 7. 1.
Glory, to be strengthned with might • Eccl. 8. U. Because Sen. by his Spirit, in the inner man. tence against an evil Work is not Phil. 4. 19. My God shall supply all excécuted. speedily; therefore the s your need, according to his riches Heart of the Sons of Men is fully in Glory by Christ Jesus. Col. 1. fet in them to do evil.
27. To whom God would make dit Ifa. 304 18. Therefore known what is the riches of the will the Lord wait that he may Glory of this Mystery among the be gracions: uxto you, anid therefore 1o Gentiles. 1 Pet. 3. 20. Which will he be exalted, that he may sometime were disobedient, when have mercy upon you.m ' 2 Eldr. once the long-suffering of God waita 7. 64. He is patients and long suffer. ed in the Days of Noah, while the eth thofe: that have sinned, as hi's Ark was a preparing. - 2 Pet. 3. Creatures. i Rom. 98123. That 159, 15. The Lord is long-suffering be mighe make known the Riches to us-ward. Account that the of his Glory on the Vessels of mer long.Suffering of our Lord is Salvacy.- : Rom. 10: 12. The same
tion Lord over all, is rich unto all that .:: 2 Pet. 3.9.
See on Mat, call upon him. : ; Eph. 1. 7. In 20 4.17. whom we have Redemption thro' 5.
f See on A&ts 7.51. his Blood, the Forgiveness of Sins, Amos 3. 10. They know according to the riches of his to do right, faith the Grace. + Eph. 27. That in the A Lord ; who ffore up Violence and ges to come he might thew the 25 Robbery in their Palaces.
* Jam. exceeding Riches of his Grace, in S. 3. —Ye have heaped Treasure tohis Kindness towards us through gether for the last Days. Jesus Christ. f Eph. 3. 8. 16. 6. h + Job 34. 11. + Psal. 62. That I should preach among the 12. Jer.17.10. † Jer.32.19. + Rom. Gentiles ehe unsearchable Riches 30 14. 12. + Rev. 22. 12. See on of Christ. That he would grant: Mat, 16. 27.
deeds: 7. To them, who by patient continuance in welldoing, seek for glory, and honour, and immortality, eternal life: 8. But unto them that are contentious, and do 110t
obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness; indignation, and wrath; :9. Tribulation and anguish upon every n soul of man that doth eyil, æf the Jew first, and also of the * Gentile (Gr. Greek]. 10. But • glory, honour, and P peace to every man that worketh good, to the Jew. firft, and alfo-to the * Gentile [Gr. Grçek], 11. For there is no refpe&t of Persons with God. 12. For as many as have finned without lạw, shall also perish without law : and as many as have fined ' in the law, shall be judged by the law, 13. (For s not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. 14. For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by " nature the things contained in the law, these having not the law, are
He that first begin at us, what shall the end 1.all endure unto the End, the same be of them that obey nor the Go. Ihall be saved.
fpel of God? 8. Job 24. 13. They are 10.
I Per. 1. 7. That of those that rebel against the sthe Trial of your Faith being much Light, they know not the Ways there more precious than of Gold that of, nor abide in the Paths thereof. perisheth, though it be tried with 2 Tim. 3. 8. Now as Jannes and Fire, might be found unto Praise, Jambres withstood Mofes; fo do and Honour, and Glory, at the appear. these also refift the Truth: Men of 10 ing of Jesus Chrift. corrupt Minds, reprobate concern PPfal. 37. 37. Mark the ing the Faith.
perfect Man, and behold the + 2. Thef. 1. 8. Taking upright: for the End of that Man Vengeance on them that know is Peace. not God, and that obey not the Go.15 11. 9 - Deut.
10. 17. + 2 spel of our Lord Jesus Chrift. Chron. 19.7. + Job 34. 19. Gal. 9. Ezek. 18. 4.
The 2. 6. † Eph. 6.9. † Col. 3. 25. Soul that finner b ic shall die.
t Pet. 1. 17. See on Acts 10. nt Amos 3. 2. You only have 34. I known of all the Fami ao
Rom. 3. 2. lies of the Earth : therefore I will $. Luk. 12. 47. The Words punib you for all your iniquities. under ver. 9. Joh. 5. 45.
Luk. 12. 47, 48. That Servant -There is one that accuseth you, eo which knew his Lora's Will, and pre ven Moses, in whom ye trust. pared not hintelf, neither did ac- 25 13. t Jam. 1. cording to his Will, shall be beaten
Mat.7:21, 24. with many Stripes. But he that knew
1 Cor. 5. 1. It is re. not, and did commit things worthy ported commonly that there is For. of Scripes, shall be beaten with few nication among you, and such for: Jaripes. f 1 Pet.4.17. The Time 30. nication, as is not lo much as na: income :lat Judgment must begin med amongst the Gentiles.at the House of God; and if ic
a law unto themselves : 15. Which shew the work of the law written in
written in their hearts, * their conici: ence also bearing witness [Or, the conscience witnuling with them], and their thoughts * the mean while [Or, between themselves] * accusing, or else excusing one another) 16. In the day when God thall o judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, d according to my gospel. 17. Behold, thou art called a Jew, and reftest in the law, and f makeft thy boast of God; 18. And knowest his will, and 8 * approvest the things that are more excellent [Or, triest the things that differ], being instructed out of the law, 19. And art confident that thou thy self art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness, 20. An inftruéter of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which haft the he form of knowledge and of the truth in the law. 21. Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thy self? thou that preacheft a man should not steal, dost thou steal? 22.
IS. Judg. 1. 2. Adoni upon the God of Israel. t Mic. 3. bezek faid, Threescore and ten 11. The Heads thereof judge for Kings, having their Thumbs and Reward, yet will they lean upon their great Toes cut off, gathered the Lord, and say, Is not the Lord theit Meat under my Table : As 5 among us ? None evil can come upI have done, so God hath requited
::: Joh. 8.41. ~We be noc
born of Fornication; we have one Ö Geri.; 20. S. Said he not Father, even God. unto me, She is my Sister ? and 18. † Phil. 1. 9, the, even she her self said, He is to This I pray,, -That ye may apmy Brother: in the Integrity of prove things that are excellent. my Heart, and innocency of my
+ Rom. 6. 17.
Ye Hands, have I done this.
have obeyed from the Heart that 16.
See on Acts 10.42. Form of Doctrine which was delivere d :: Rom. 16. 25. Now to 15 ed you. † 2 Tim. 1. 13. Hold him that is of Power to stablish faft che form of sound Wurds, which you according to my Gospel. thou hast heard of me. 2 Tim. Tim. 2.8. Remember that Jesus 3. 5. Having a form of Godliness, Christ of the Seed of David, was but denying the Power thereof. raised from the Dead according to my 20 21.
if Pfal. 50. 16, bo. Gospel.
Unto the Wicked faich God, What 17.
Who halt thou to do to declare my Staare Ifraelites; to whom pertainerh futes? or that thou should ít take the Adoption, and the giving of my Covenant in thy Mouth, &c? the Law.
25 Cor. 9. 27. I keep under my Body, lla. 45. 25.
In the Lord and bring it into fubje&ion: left shall all the Seed of ifrael be by any means when I have preach, justified, and shall Glory. Ifa. 48. ed to others, I my lelf should be a 2. They shall call themselves of caftaway. the holy City, and flay skem:felves zo
e + Rom. 9. 4.