« ПредыдущаяПродолжить »
12. Has it ever been the opinion of any nation, that repentance and reformation were sufficient to procure the remission of sins? 13. What grounds have we for thinking that the punishments which are annexed to vice, may be prevented?
14. How would you answer the objection that, neither reason nor analogy would lead us to think, in particular, that the interposition of Christ, in the manner in which He did interpose, would be efficacious for the salvation of man?
15. How have the objections against Christianity, from its light not being universal, been answered ?
16. How, from the evidence of it not being overwhelming? 17. To what may this alleged doubtfulness be owing?
18. What does doubting imply?
19. The conclusion from all this?
20. Why is immorality aggravated in persons who have been made acquainted with Christianity?
21. In what consists the middle state of mind, between a full satisfaction of the truth of Christianity, and a satisfaction of the contrary?
22. The duty of such persons?
23. Why are blasphemy and profaneness inexcusable? 24. What is remarked of the profane ?