« ПредыдущаяПродолжить »
Topographical Surveying of limited areas.
(Attested Surveys, executed by the Candidate, will be submitted to the Examiners, to which marks will be assigned.)
6. The Examination shall be conducted by means of printed papers, and a paper of questions shall be set in each of the following subjects :
Arithmetic and Algebra.
7. As soon as possible after the Examination, the Syndicate shall publish a list of the successful candidates arranged in two divisions, each in order of merit. Every candidate shall, on passing, receive a certificate in the form entered in Appendix A.
BACHELOR IN CIVIL ENGINEERING.
1. An examination for the Degree of Bachelor in Civil Engineering shall be held annually in Calcutta, and shall commence in the first week of May.
2. Any candidate* may be admitted to the Examination, provided he has prosecuted a regnlar course of study at a school of Engineering recognized by the Syndicate,
* Any Licentiate in Engineering may proceed to the First Examination in Arts and the Bachelor of Arts Examination without completing the two years of study at an affiliated Institution required under para. 2 of the First Arts and B. A. Regulations.
for three academical years, after passing the First Examination in Arts.
3. Every candidate for admission to the Examination shall send his application, with a certificate in the form entered in Appendix A, to the Registrar, at least fourteen days before the date fixed for the commencement of the Examination.
4. A fee of thirty rupees shall be payable by each candidate. No candidate shall be admitted, unless he has paid this fee to the Registrar. A candidate who fails to pass or present himself for Examination shall not be entitled to claim a refund of the fee. A candidate may be admitted to one or more subsequent Examinations on payment of a like fee of thirty rupees on each occasion.
5. Every candidate shall be examined in the subjects and in the manner ordered in paras. 5 and 6 of the Regulations for a Licence in Civil Evgineering.
6. As soon as possible after the Examination, the Syndicate shall publish a list of the successful candidates arranged in two divisions, each in order of merit. Every candidate shall, on passing, receive a certificate in the form entered in Appendix A.
7. The first candidate of the first class shall receive a gold medal to the value of one hundred rupees.
8. Any Licentiate in Civil Engineering, who has passed the First Examination in Arts, may, on paying the usual fee, be admitted to the Degree of Bachelor in Civil Engineering without further Examination.
HONORS IN CIVIL ENGINEERING. 1. An Examination for Honors in Civil Engineering shall be held annually in Calcutta, commencing in the first week of June.
2. Any candidate who has passed the examination for the Degree of Bachelor in Civil Engineering, or for a Licence in Civil Engineering, may be examined for Honors,
3. Every candidate for Honors shall send his application to the Registrar, at least fourteen days before the date fixed for the commencement of the Examina
4. The Examination shall be written and oral.
5. Every candidate shall be examined in the following subjects :
II. MECHANICAL PHILOSOPHY,
III. NATURAL AND EXPERIMENTAL SCIENCE.
General Principles of Geology and Mineralogy, and their applications to Engineering.
Equilibrium of Structures, theory of Machines with special
6. The candidates' qualifications shall be tested by written papers on the first three and the fifth subjects, and by written papers and viva voce examination on the fourth subject
7. As soon as possible after the Examination, the Syndicate shall publish a list of the successful candidates, arranged in order of merit.
MASTER IN CIVIL ENGINEERING. 1. No special Examination shall be held, but any person who has graduated as B. C. E. and has at any time passed the Honor Examination, may be admitted to the Degree of Master in Civil Engineering without Examination, provided that
(1.) Two members of the Faculty of Engineering or two Masters in Civil Engineering shall testify to the satisfaction of the Syndicate that, since graduating, he has practised his profession with repute for four years, and that in habits and character he is a fit and proper person for the Degree of Master.
(2.) He shall produce an Essay approved by the President of the Faculty of Engineering for the time being, on some subject connected with Engineering.
2. A fee of one hundred rupees shall be payable for the Degree of Master in Civil Engineering. No candidate shall be admitted, unless he have previously paid this fee to the Registrar.
GENERAL. 1. No question shall be put at any University Examination, so as to require an expression of religious belief on the part of the candidates ; and no answer or translation given by any candidate shall be objected to on the ground of its expressing any peculiarities of religious belief.
2. The Syndicate shall have power in any case to admit to any University Examination in any Faculty any person who shall present a certificate from any Institution authorized on that behalf by the Governor-General of of India in Council, showing that in such Institution he has attended courses of study, passed Examinations, or taken Degrees corresponding to those which, in connection with such Examinations, are exacted from students of the University
I request permission to present myself at the ensuing
I am, &c., &c. [The Authorities signing this Certificate are requested to use strict precautions for preventing the possibility of any misunderstanding on the part of any candidate to the right interpretation of the rule regarding the age of admission, namely, that he is not eligible for admission unless he will have completed 16 years from the date of birth on the 1st of March next. )
I certify that the above-named candidate will, to the best This certificate is to be signed of my belief, be above the age of by the Principal or Head Master 16 years on the 1st March next; of the College or School at which that I know nothing against his the candidate has been educated moral character; that he has not continuously since the 1st July already passed the Entrance Exor if he has not been a pupil of amination of the Calcutta Univerany one Schoolt continuously sity; that there is in my opinion since that date, by the Principal of a reasonable probability of his an affiliated College, or by a now passing it; and that he bas Government Inspector of Schools. signed the above application.
Race (i. e., nation, tribe, &c., &c.)
Present position (i.e., at school, or present occupation.)
• The fee must be paid in cash, or by a Treasury Draft, or Post Office Order. Postage stamps will not be received.
† Private Student :-One who has attended at no educational institution for six months before the Examination.