« ПредыдущаяПродолжить »
SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES
WASHINGTON, D. C.
INSTRUCTIONS AS TO APPLICATIONS FOR WRITS OF CERTIORARI UNDER ACT OF MARCH 3, 1891.
The following are the requirements on applications for writs of certiorari under the act of March 3, 1891:
Petitions are docketed in this court as
Before the petition will be docketed there must be furnished this office:
1. An original petition, with written signature of counsel.
2. A certified copy of the transcript of the record, including all proceedings in the Circuit Court of Appeals.
3. An appearance of counsel for petitioner, signed by a member of the bar of this court.
4. A deposit of $25 on account of costs.
Before submission of the petition there must be furnished:
1. Proof of service of notice of date fixed for submission and of copies of petition and brief upon counsel for the respondent. About two weeks' notice should be given.
2. Twenty-five printed copies of the petition.
3. Twenty-five printed copies of brief in support of petition, if any
such brief is to be filed.
4. At least nine uncertified copies of record, which must contain all the proceedings in the Circuit Court of Appeals. These copies may be made up by using copies of the record as printed for the Circuit Court of Appeals and adding thereto printed copies of the proceedings in that court. If a sufficient number of records thus made up cannot be obtained, making it necessary to reprint the record for use on the hearing of the petition, fifty copies must be printed under my supervision, in order that, should the petition be granted, there may be a sufficient number for use on the final hearing.
Monday being motion day, some Monday must be fixed upon for the submission of the petition. No oral argument is permitted on such petitions, but they must be called up and submitted in open court by counsel for petitioner, or by some attorney in his behalf.
All papers in the case must be filed not later than the Saturday preceding the Monday fixed for the submission of the Petition. JAMES H. McKENNEY, Clerk of the Supreme Court of United States.
UNITED STATES CIRCUIT COURTS OF APPEALS AND THE CIRCUIT AND DISTRICT COURTS.
Hon. OLIVER WENDELL HOLMES, Circuit Justice.....
Hon. RUFUS W. PECKHAM, Circuit Justice......
Hon. JAMES P. PLATT, District Judge, Connecticut......
...Washington, D. C. ...Providence, R. I.
..Portland, Me. ...Boston, Mass.
..Boston, Mass. ..Littleton, N. H. .Providence, R. I.
Washington, D. C. ...Albany, N. Y. .New York, N. Y. New Haven, Conn.
...Utica, N. Y. ..Hartford, Conn. ..Brooklyn, N. Y. .Brooklyn, N. Y .Norwich, N. Y. .New York, N. Y. ..New York, N. Y.
.New York, N. Y. ....Buffalo, N. Y. ....Brattleboro, Vt.
Hon. JOSEPH CROSS, District Judge, New Jersey....
.Elizabeth, N. J. ....Philadelphia, Pa. ...Philadelphia, Pa.
Hon. JOHN B. MCPHERSON, District Judge, E. D. Pennsylvania....
Hon. MELVILLE W. FULLER, Circuit Justice.....
Hon. NATHAN GOFF, Circuit Judge.....
Hon. JETER C. PRITCHARD, Circuit Judge....
Hon. THOMAS J. MORRIS, District Judge, Maryland....
. Washington, D. C. .Clarksburg, W. Va.
...Asheville, N. C. ...Baltimore, Md.
Hon. THOMAS R. PURNELL, District Judge, E. D. North Carolina..........Raleigh, N. C.
Hon. EDWARD D. WHITE, Circuit Justice....
...Richmond, Va. ..Lynchburg, Va.. .Philippi, W. Va.
.Washington, D. C.
...Dallas, Tex. .Huntsville, Ala.
Hon. THOMAS GOODE JONES, District Judge, M. and N. D. Alabama... Montgomery, Ala.
Hon. HARRY T. TOULMIN, District Judge, S. D. Alabama..
...Mobile, Ala. .Pensacola, Fla. ..Jacksonville, Fla.
.Atlanta, Ga. ...Macon, Ga.
.New Orleans, La.
Washington, D. C.
.Louisville, Ky. ....Detroit, Mich.
Hon. JOHN M. HARLAN, Circuit Justice.....
Hon. WILLIAM R. DAY, Circuit Justice...
Hon. PETER S. GROSSCUP, Circuit Judge...
Hon. KENESAW M. LANDIS, District Judge, N. D. Illinois..
Hon. DAVID J. BREWER, Circuit Justice..
Hon. WALTER H. SANBORN, Circuit Judge..
Hon. WILLIS VAN DEVANTER, Circuit Judge...
Hon. ELMER B. ADAMS, Circuit Judge.
Hon. JACOB TRIEBER, District Judge, E. D. Arkansas.
.Washington, L. C.
....Chicago, Ill. ..Indianapolis, Ind. ....Sheboygan, Wis. ...Chicago, Ill.
....Urbana, Ill. ..Springfield, Ill. ..Indianapolis, Ind. ..Milwaukee, Wis. ..Madison, Wis.
.Washington, D. C. .St. Paul, Minn. ...Cheyenne, Wyo. .Leavenworth, Kan. ......St. Louis, Mo. ..Little Rock, Ark.
.Ft. Smith, Ark. ...Denver, Colo. ...Cresco, Iowa.
.Red Oak, Iowa ....Topeka, Kan. ..Minneapolis, Minn. .....Duluth, Minn.
..St. Louis, Mo. ..Kansas City, Mo. ..Omaha, Neb.
Hon. GUSTAVUS A. FINKELNBURG, District Judge, E. D. Missouri ......St. Louis, Mo.
Hon. JOSEPH MCKENNA, Circuit Justice......
Hon. WM. C. VAN FLEET, District Judge, N. D. California 1o.
. Lincoln, Neb.
. Fargo, N. D.
..Sioux Falls, S. D.
.Salt Lake City, Utah.
Washington, D. C.
... Portland, Or. .San Francisco, Cal. ...Los Angeles, Cal. .San Francisco, Cal. .San Francisco, Cal. ....Los Angeles, Cal. ..Boise City, Idaho. ..Boise City, Idaho. ...Helena, Mont. ..Carson City, Nev.
.. Portland, Or. Spokane, Wash.
Hon. CORNELIUS H. HANFORD, District Judge, W. D. Washington.........Seattle, Wash.