« ПредыдущаяПродолжить »
WHEREIN ARE DISCLOSED THE
ARCANA THERE FORETOLD,
HITHERTO REMAINED CONCEALED.
TRANSLATED FROM THE LATIN OF
IN THREE VOLUMES.
A NEW EDITION REVISED AND CORRECTED.
PUBLISHED FOR THE BOSTON NEW CHURCH PRINTING SOCIETY,
BY OTIS CLAPP, NO XI., SCHOOL STREET.
1. And after these things I saw an angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with
2. And he cried mightily with a great voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of demons, and the hold of every unclean spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
3. For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her whoredom; and the kings of the earth have committed whoredom with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
4. And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
5. For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
6. Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double, according to her works : in the cup which she hath mixed, mix unto her double.
7. How much she hath glorified herself and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.
8. Therefore in one day, shall her plagues come, death, and sorrow, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with re: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.
9. And the kings of the earth, who have committed whoredom and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,
10. Standing afar off, for fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.