« ПредыдущаяПродолжить »
3. Who made this beating heart of mine
1. Mr Saviour, let me hear Thy voice
2. With gentle smiles call me Thy child,
The accents mild shall charm my ear
3. Cheerful, where'er Thy hand shall lead,
4. When dreadful guilt is done away,
1. UNITE, my roving thoughts, unite,
2. Jehovah's awful voice is heard,
And thou, my soul, sit gently down
3. Harmonious accents to my soul,
4. By all its joys, I charge my heart
Doxology. C. M.
PRAISE, honor, to the Father be,
1. O FOR the happy days gone by,
When love ran smooth and free,
More than earth's liberty!
2. O for the times when on my heart
3. Then when I knelt to meditate,
Sweet thoughts came o'er my soul,
4. O who hath lock'd those fountains up?
5. This freezing heart, O Lord! this will Dry as the desert sand.
6. A faith that seems not faith, a hope
That cares not for its aim,
A love that none the warmer grows
Good thoughts that will not come, bad thoughts
7. If this drear change be Thine, O Lord!
Spare not, but to the very brim
8. But if it hath been sin of mine, O show that sin to me,
Not to get back the sweetness lost,
9. One thing alone, dear Lord! I dread-
That separates my soul from Thee,
10. But if this weariness hath come
11. So in this darkness I can learn To tremble and adore,
To sound my own vile nothingness,
12. O blessed be this darkness then,
1. O JESUS! Light of all below!
2. O Jesus! Thou the beauty art
3. Poor souls! that know not how to love;
And they who know not how to love
4. The majesty of God ne'er broke
Flooding their stricken souls, while they
5. Stay with us, Lord, and with Thy light
Scatter the darkness of our night,
1. GLORY to God! whose witness-train,
Could smile on poverty and pain,
2. O, may that faith our hearts sustain,
3. God, whom we serve, our God can save,
Can build an ark, can smooth the wave,
4. Lord! if thine arm support us still
1. DEAR Friend, whose presence in the house, Whose gracious word benign.
Could once, at Cana's wedding feast,
2. Come, visit us! and when dull work
3. Gay mirth shall deepen into joy,
4. The social talk, the evening fire,
5. For when self-seeking turns to love,
1. DEAR Jesus! ever at my side,
To leave Thy home in heaven to guard
J. F. CLARKE.
2. Thy beautiful and shining face
The sweetness of Thy soft low voice
3. I can not feel Thee touch my hand
4. But I have felt Thee in my thoughts
And when my heart loves God, I know